Build Strong Bones for You and Your Baby with Calmax
Hello Bones, Your Calcium’s Calling!
Calcium can be found in 99% of our skeleton including our teeth, making it one of the most vital elements to our health especially for pregnant women. Calcium deficiency in pregnant women is highly dangerous as babies begin to draw calcium from their mother’s bones; if mothers suffer from calcium deficiency, it can pose many possible health complications for both mom and baby.
What are the risks of calcium deficiency in pregnant women
- Preterm delivery
- Preeclampsia (high blood pressure, fluid retention)
- Low bone mineral density in mother and baby
- Rapid release of lead from bone to bloodstream
Why is calcium important during pregnancy?
Although calcium supplementation is important for everyone, pregnant ladies need an increased calcium intake of at least 1,000mg daily to sustain a healthy and strong pregnancy. This is especially important during the 2nd and 3rd trimester where baby’s bone development is at its peak.
- To build a strong skeletal system including teeth
- To build a healthy nervous system
- To develop healthy muscles and heart
- To aid in developing normal blood clotting abilities
- To aid in adapting to skeletal changes during pregnancy
- To prevent maternal osteoporosis
- To maintain health of muscles, nervous system, heart and bones
Did you know?Pregnant mothers
increase their calcium
absorption rates from a
regular 20% to 60%
during the 2nd trimester
and 70% during the